Vietnam Trip


Saturday, November 24, 2012

To be honest..


It's been a year plus now at my first ever job, a sales coordinator in a hotel in KL. I wouldn't say its fantastic. But to be honest, I think I prefer this a lot more than being in the operations team.

But to be honest, I think I'm in the completely wrong field and I kind of blame myself for so impulsively doing hospitality 4 years ago. Why the f*** did I put myself here, gee?? The long hours, the miserable payout..but what is the point of complaining now.

But to be honest, I don't know what else I could be doing. 

It's an okay job, all I have to do is sell my function rooms and etc. But you know, in between you get the most idiotic of clients and also the nicest of clients. People who don't pay on time, people who eagerly give you a credit card although their events are eons away, a nice bubbly voice over the phone or a gruff angry person who isn't too happy about us doing our jobs. 



But I sometimes feel I'm made for a bit more...just to be honest

Coordinating is essentially what I do. The client gives us a set of requirements, we put it forth to the team and they execute it and in between we do all the paperwork and dirty work of collecting payment etc. I get clients who appreciate me but I also get clients who do not. 

And then there's also handling the operations team. Some of them obviously cannot work without a jolt in the head and some graciously cooperate. But it's a bit nice to be in a position where I can say "the client wants it, so do it". :) If opposed to being in the reverse and being told.

Oh well.. we'll see what this next year brings. It's coming so soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment